Monday, March 30, 2009

Six more weeks?!

I just had a useful update conversation with the representative from Pepco, our utility here in suburban Maryland. The upshot is that it could be up to six weeks more before I can turn on the system.

Turns out, the solar installer only submitted the application to Pepco on March 23, several weeks after the installation. Pepco now has to review the details of my system and Pepco's readiness to handle it. That technical review, which she said is unlikely to uncover any hitches, can take up to three weeks.

After that, Pepco will have to schedule the net energy meter installation, which could take up to 30 days.

She assured me both processes are usually quicker than that, but at this point, all these wasted sunny days are getting me down. I'm starting to hope for rain! Okay, not really.

1 comment:

  1. oh no, what a long wait!!! and it's so sunny out. hang in there!

    ReplyDelete